I'm off to serve an LDS mission in Kobe, Japan from June 2015 to December 2016. My mom will be keeping this blog updated with my latest letters, photos, adventures, etc.! Also I would LOVE to hear from everyone - katya.wagstaff@myldsmail.net

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Arrival in Japan August 11

I'm here! I'm alive! The flight was just fine- I actually had an exit row from SLC to Portland, where we transferred to a bigger plane, where I was actually pretty productive, woohoo!

Tokyo Narita airport was a big overwhelming, big shock (duh), but dijobu! We were a big group and figured out what we were doing!
I passed out on the flight from Tokyo to Osaka, so sadly didn't see anything even though I had a window seat.

I'm at the mission office right now- seeing Pres and Sis Welch at the airport was the most comforting thing! I"m staying at the mission home, we find out our comps and areas tomorrow, lots of training today and tomorrow

ITS SO HUMID AND HOT. That was the first thing I noticed gettting off the plane, but it's okay! I'm going to be a sweaty mess and I'm just going to have to accept that.

PS tried the crazy Japanese toilets at the airport with all the buttons, and took a picture to send later... it feels really nice- they have music and a butt cleaner and potentially more than you wanted to know, but I'm still telling you. Love you all so very much! I'm really happy here :)

Love, Katya

No comments:

Post a Comment